- Warning : Actual for formal port a is neither a static name nor a globally static expression
- ads1232 SCLK pin timing
- Booth bit-pair recoding of multipliers
- calculating AC amperage requirement for DC load
- How to split Full Stack Development across Team
- Is it okay to have a parent class that doesn't represent an entity and doesn't have an “Is-A” relationship with its child classes?
- Different type of MEAN Stack Architectures
- Lubed Chain getting temporarily seized
- Pedal foot position - balls or arches
- Can a Black Dragon Hatchling be raised to be good? Or is it inherently evil?
- How did Erin Tarn escape the Vampire Kingdoms?
- Do Rogue abilities function in beast forms?
- Terminal: run source ~/.bash_profile every time start new terminal
- Is there a way for Pages to display an auto-updating date in ordinal format?
- Question mark folder on startup, how can I recover?
- the_title() filter is also applied in menu title
- Paginate links repeating value in links
- How to add ajax loading icon after click add to cart button on woocommerce
- lazy load for blog post content
- Bash compound substring expansion
What adjustment is needed to the citrate amount when performing INRs in severe pulmonary hypertension associated with cyanotic heart disease
In this article The Adult Patient with Eisenmenger Syndrome: A Medical Update after Dana Point Part III: Specific Management and Surgical Aspects it says
Frequently, physicians do not appreciate inaccurate measurements of coagulation parameters if blood is withdrawn into regular tubes with a standard amount of citrate anticoagulant. Plasma volume is decreased in Eisenmenger patients due to secondary erythrocytosis and elevated hematocrit. Thus, the amount of citrate anticoagulant is excessive for patients with cyanosis and secondary erythrocytosis. Accurate measurement of coagulation factors requires adjustment of the amount of liquid anticoagulants according to the hematocrit level when hematocrit is higher than 55%.
So, how does one calculate exactly how much to reduce the citrate in the tubes to get an accurate INR?