- How to read data from arduino with raspberry pi via I2C
- Equation for the equilibrium constant for the hydration of carbonyls using UV spectroscopy
- Use of axis of symmetry
- Gaseous metals?
- CO2 reaction forming carbide or binding compound
- Why is the CASSCF method multi-configurational, while the CI method is not?
- final interview is closed awaiting the letter of acceptance
- How to politely refuse to put someone in touch with my professional network?
- Language for teaching basic programming
- Bug in wikipedia page for Van Embde Boas tree?
- Matrix of a graph and computational complexity
- Algorithm to choose the most similar resolution
- what is the impact factor of “npj Precision Oncology”
- U.S. universities on-campus residence for International PhD students?
- Do I have the right to make a voluntary tutorial video for the team from which I have been forced to from
- Styling CurrentValues in Stylesheet
- Representing share on histogram axes respect to total data points - also ones not in range (fraction of values respect to ALL points)
- how to get exact frequencies in the time response using inversefourier?
- Plotting rescaled time series and temporal data
- How can we quantify the effect of pancreatin (biological enzyme) on the clarification of milk powder
Why the second דֹּֽר in Exodus 3:15?
I'm a little confused by the second דֹּֽר in this verse, which ends the verse.
וַיֹּאמֶר֩ ע֨וֹד אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶל־מֹשֶׁ֗ה כֹּֽה־תֹאמַר֮ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י
יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ יְהוָ֞ה אֱלֹהֵ֣י אֲבֹתֵיכֶ֗ם אֱלֹהֵ֨י אַבְרָהָ֜ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י
יִצְחָ֛ק וֵאלֹהֵ֥י יַעֲקֹ֖ב שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם זֶה־שְּׁמִ֣י
לְעֹלָ֔ם וְזֶ֥ה זִכְרִ֖י לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר׃
And God saith again unto Moses, `Thus dost thou say unto the sons of Israel, Jehovah, God of your fathers, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this [is] My name -- to the age, and this My memorial, to generation -- generation. (YLT)
You can see that the YLT adds an em-dash. But it still isn't clear how to interpret the second דֹּֽר. More idiomatic would be "from generation to generation", but that clearly isn't written here.
How would you translate the phrase לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר? What do you understand it to mean?